|What's New at Wallaby?|
Davis Straub Flies 212 Miles!
May 20, 2000 Read all about it!
April 18-24, 1999
Wallaby Open 450 pt Aerotow / Cross Country Meet
Call or e-mail the Ranch for details, please include your phone number so we can get right back to you.
March 23-28, 1999
Wills Wing 26th Anniversary and Demo Days
Come try out the latest from Wills Wing!! Should be a blast!
Atlantic Coast Championships
The first all-aerotow 450-point meet in the U.S. is a big success. Mike Barber wins the flex wing division, while Ramy Yanetz takes the stiffy division in the Millenium. Many competitors find that hanging out by the pool is more fun than kicking rocks on top of some mountain.
Wallaby #1 School in the Nation for 1997!
According to the USHGA Wallaby Ranch in the top school for pilots getting their first rating.
Exxtacy Rigid Wing
The highest performing glider in the world is available for daily demos at only one place in the United States - The Wallaby Ranch. Call or write for more info
A brand-new, large-capacity, general-aviation-aircraft-type hanger has recently been added to the Ranch, meaning that more gliders can be left permanently or semi-permanently set up and stored in the shade. O the convenience!
New Florida State Record
Mike "Hollywood" Champlin - The Florida State and Wallaby Ranch Record was broken on April 5, 1997. Wallaby Ranch to Lake City, Florida: 147 miles (235km thanks RZ) by Mike "Hollywood" Champlin. Mike did the flight on a Moyes SX 4 he rented from Wallaby. Mike earned $250 for breaking the Florida Record from Wallaby. Mike Barber, Davis Straub also flew over 100 miles from Wallaby on the same day.
- A new rough sleep area is available. One step up from camping in a tent.
RYAN 9TH AT WORLD MEET
- Ranch hand Ryan Glover was the second highest placing American at the World meet. He was the only person in the top 10 without a topless glider. He out scored many national and world champions. Congratulations RYAN!
All major glider companies - will have the topless version at the ranch for demo. Expected dates end of Feb.
Wallaby #1 School in the Nation
- 4 Times as many people learned to fly at Wallaby using tandem training than any other school.
- happen just between Christmas and New Years.
80 mile plus flights
- 3 people have flown over 80 miles each from the ranch this year. Larry Tudor, Gary "Sugarman" Davis, and Mike Champlain (last year's 100+ flier).
All major manufacturers
and styles of gliders available for demo. Fly before you decide on your next glider.
- 3 Airborne Sharks, the top glider from Airborne Australia, are now availabe for demo.
Team Wallaby Member US National Champion
- Semi-official Wallaby Team member - Larry Tudor thanks his sponsor the Wallaby Ranch, we mean, uh Wills Wing.
The Thermal Index Report Generator
- Is a high powered tool for predicting soaring conditions. We secretly use this while visiting pilots think the ranch staff has prescience.
ESPN2 and EAA
- Featured hang gliding at ranch on the program Ultimate Flights.
Wallaby is the #1 hang gliding school
- More students learn to hang glide here using Tandem and aerotow techniques
than any other school.